— Шаппibаl (@WanzRobert) 15 novembre 2016
At approximately 12:50 p.m. Nov. 15, authorities responded to a shots fired call. One person shot at Will Rogers Airport in Oklahoma City. Officials urged residents to avoid the airport and check their flight statuses online.
The man suspected in the fatal shooting of a Southwest Airlines employee at Oklahoma City’s main airport on Tuesday was found dead inside a vehicle hours after flights were halted and a shelter in place order was issued, police said.
The shooting victim, Michael Winchester, 52, was the father of football player James Winchester, a long snapper for the Kansas City Chiefs. He was shot in an airport parking lot, Oklahoma City Police Captain Paco Balderrama told reporters.
- UPDATE 2116 UTC Ground stop extended to 2300 UTC (1700 Local time).
- UPDATE 2115 UTC Southwest Airlines have cancelled all inbound/outbound OKC flights until 1800 local time.
- UPDATE 2100 UTC The FBI and bomb were called to the scene, and searched through vehicles in the parking lot. Oklahoma City Police Department believes this is not an active shooter situation and that the shooting was isolated.
- UPDATE 1950 UTC Departures and arrivals are currently suspended.
- UPDATE 1920 UTC Police confirm at least 1 person shot at Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers Airport; people asked to avoid airport.