FAA says Runway Closed at chicago O’Hare (ORD) due to disabled aircraft. Heavy smoke can be seen coming from an American Airlines Boeing 767 that is on fire at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. The plane blew a tire at 2:35PM CT and engine caught fire during take off.
Footage shows American Airlines #AA383 Boeing 767 aborting takeoff
— Flight Alerts ⚠ (@FlightAlerts777) October 29, 2016
- UPDATE 2136 UTC Seven passengers and flight attendant reported minor injuries.
- UPDATE 2132 UTC Big part of the right wing is completely burned.
- UPDATE 2104 UTC All passengers have been bused back to the terminal 7.
- UPDATE 2035 UTC American Airlines said the plane experienced an engine malfunction.
- UPDATE 2018 UTC Confirmation all passengers deplaned.
- UPDATE 2010 UTC Aircraft involved in incident is a Boeing 767-323ER (reg. N345AN) flight #AA383 from Chicago to Miami.
- UPDATE 1955 UTC FAA says Runway Closed at chicago O’Hare (ORD) due to disabled aircraft.