EMERGENCY Overheated Samsung phone causes Southwest flight #WN994 evacuation

A Southwest airplane was evacuated at the Louisville International Airport on Oct. 5.

An airport spokesperson said smoke was reported in the airplane’s cabin at 9:15 a.m. and no one was injured.

Louisville Metro Arson confirms a Samsung phone was the cause of the smoke. Officials said the phone overheated.

The phone had some heat damage, but also singed the carpet of the plane. The Boeing 737 Flight #WN994 to Baltimore was at the gate when this happened.

The passenger said he was powering his Samsung Galaxy Note7 down when it started smoking. He said it was a refurbished phone that was deemed safe.

Download AIRLIVE app


Loading...