Just days before the third anniversary of the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, Australia’s former Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the search for the missing plane should continue at a location further south of where investigators believe the plane went down. The multimillion-dollar search for the Boeing 777-200 was suspended in January after no concrete clues leading to the plane’s whereabouts were found.
While talking Friday to News Corp Australia, Abbott stressed that he did not believe all search avenues had been exhausted and that the theory of the pilot’s “murder-suicide” must be probed. Flight MH370 went missing March 8, 2014, with 239 people on board while on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
“There’s absolutely no doubt that while there is any, any reasonable prospective places to search we should still be searching, no doubt about that in my mind,” Abbot told the media.