A Qantas Airbus A380 which diverted to Perth this morning will remain at the airport overnight.
* Passengers who were due to fly out from Perth this evening on the aircraft will be accommodated on other services this evening.
* Of the 407 customers who arrived in Perth, almost half were put on earlier flights with the remaining 225 passengers to fly on tonight’s services from Perth to the east coast.
* The airport and operations teams did their best to get the A380 aircraft departed in time to meet the Sydney curfew, however a mechanical issue unrelated to the previous issue was detected prior to take off and the aircraft returned to the gate.
* While we will always prioritise safety over schedule, we realise the delays are very unfortunate and frustrating for our passengers and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.
* The aircraft diverted to Perth en route from Dubai due to a fuel pump issue. Engineers inspected the aircraft but another fault was found meaning the aircraft has to overnight in Perth while parts are flown from Sydney.
* The aircraft is expected to ferry empty back to Sydney tomorrow.