A helicopter crash landed onto the roof of a building in midtown Manhattan and then caught fire on Monday afternoon, authorities said.
The crash occurred atop 787 Seventh Avenue, a 54-story building located between West 51st and West 52nd streets, at the north end of Times Square.
Please reload the page for updates…
- UPDATE 6 FAA confirming helicopter involved is an Augusta A109E and that ATC didn’t handle the flight.
- UPDATE 5 New footage showing the helicopter flying erratically before attempting an emergency landing at top of the building.
- UPDATE 4 New York’s LaGuardia Airport Lost Contact With The Aircraft Just Moments Before The Crash Landin.
- UPDATE 3 Confirmation: the pilot was the only one on board.
- UPDATE 2 Current weather situation at JFK airport: Heavy rain and mist – Visibility 1.6 km – Wind gusts up to 24 kts – Overcast clouds at 500 ft.
- UPDATE 1 One person is reportedly killed in Manhattan helicopter crash.
There is heavy rain and low visibility as you can see live at our cam near New York JFK Airport.