A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) aircraft A320 near Jinnah international airport Karachi.
PIA spokesperson Abdul Sattar confirmed the crash and added that Flight 8303 was carrying 90 passengers and 8 crew members from Lahore to Karachi.
Please upload for updates…
- UPDATE Both the flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder of PIA A320 have been found.
- UPDATE An aerial footage of PIA A320 crash site has been released by the Army.
— Aviation Newsroom (@Aviation_NewsTW) May 23, 2020
- UPDATE Three survivors of the plane crash (one woman and 2 men), 2 died in hospital or on way but were found alive by paramedics.
- UPDATE Another CCTV footage shows the crash of the #PK8303 A320.
- UPDATE A Pakistani government official reported that at least two passengers of # have survived the accident.
- UPDATE Photo of #PK8303 just prior to the crash at Karachi. The RAT is deployed and it looks the pilots tried a belly landing on first attempt.
UPDATE A passenger of another flight landing in Karachi captured the crash site.
— Muhammad Yousuf (@muhammadbySky) May 22, 2020
- UPDATE A CCTV footage shows the PIA A320 #PK8303 few seconds before crash.
- UPDATE Mayor of Karachi says no survivors after plane crash with 107 on board in Pakistan – AP.
- UPDATE Pilots told ATC they had lost engine(s).
- UPDATE New footage from the crash site of PIA #PK8303.
— WPCION Pakistan & International (@WPCION) May 22, 2020
- UPDATE The crew declared a Mayday after a go around during an ILS approach.
- UPDATE The plane was on final to runway 25L.
- UPDATE The A320 has crashed on Residential Area of Kaziamabad-Model Colony just opposite of Karachi Airport.
- UPADTE The Airbus A320 involved is 15 years old with reg. AP-BLD.
It was reported that a passenger plane that made the Lahore-Karachi expedition in Pakistan fell into a residential area near Karachi Airport. pic.twitter.com/ckDLgtULJJ
— GenMedya News (@GenMedyaNews) May 22, 2020
A statement by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said Army Quick Reaction Force and Sindh Pakistan Rangers reached the site for relief and rescue efforts alongside civil administration.
Minister of Health & Population Welfare has declared emergency in all major hospitals of Karachi due to the plane crash, according to Meeran Yousuf, the media coordinator to the Sindh health minister.