Brisbane international airport has been put on lockdown due to a security incident.
Brisbane Airport confirms the Australian Federal Police is managing the incident..
Please reload the page for updates…
- UPDATE 6 All clear given by Police to reopen the terminal. Operational staff will return first, followed by passengers.
- UPDATE 5 It’s a domestic violence related situation.
- UPDATE 4 The man has been taken into custody. Police are currently conducting clearance searches of the International Terminal. No reported injuries to any members of the public or police.
- UPDATE 3 The man has been seen next to red rooster, central section between the two escalators in the terminal.
- UPDATE 2 The man is in his late 60s with rifle and spikes on wrists.
- UPDATE 1 A man is claiming to have a bomb and knives.
The International Airport has been evacuated and trains have currently been stopped.
BREAKING: Video shows people evacuating at Brisbane Airport in Australia due to an emergency situation. Unconfirmed reports of a man claiming to have a bomb and knife. #Brisbane #Brisbaneairportpic.twitter.com/Limwvm2IDu
— Global News Network (@GlobalNews77) February 2, 2019
Police have made a declaration under the Public Safety and Preservation Act tonight at Brisbane Airport due an emergency situation.