Passengers at Manchester Airport has been evacuated after a suspect bag was discovered at one of the terminals.
Please reload the page for updates…
- UPDATE 1202 UTC Manchester Airport Terminal 3 is back open.
- UPDATE 1136 UTC Police say suspect package ‘not viable device’ and ‘not terror-related’.
- UPDATE 1058 UTC Bomb disposal officers carry out ‘series of controlled explosions’.
- UPDATE 1022 UTC Updated statement.
- UPDATE 1001 UTC Passengers departing from Terminal 3 should go to Terminal 1.
- UPDATE 0937 UTC Manchester is publishing a statement.
- UPDATE 0917 UTC T1 and T2 are operating as normal.
Officials tweeted that Terminal 3 has been cleared as a precaution while investigations take place into a potential issue was discovered with a bag.
“Police were called at 8.50am [BST] on Wednesday 5 July 2017 to reports of a suspicious package at Manchester Airport,” the force said in a statement.
It is the second time in less than 24 hours that an evacuation has been carried out at the airport after Terminal 1 at the airport was evacuated when water began pouring through the roof.
Watch Manchester cam live approach on http://cam.airlive.net
Livestream from Manchester Airport