Myanmar military plane is missing. According to Army chief and airport, 116 people were on board.
Please, reload the page for updates…
- UPDATE Thursday 0430 UTC Myanmar Chief of Defense reports bodies and debris have been found in the sea off Myanmar near where the Y-8 plane went missing. The bodies were of a man, a woman and a child.
- UPDATE 1236 UTC The Shaanxi Y-8 took off at 1306 local time from the town of
- UPDATE 1235 UTC 6 ships & 3 planes sent for search and rescue operations for crashed plane.
- UPDATE 1225 UTC Official says debris from Myanmar military plane found in Andaman Sea.
- UPDATE 1143 UTC Search operation for missing military plane has been underway for a couple of hours.
- UPDATE 1140 UTC According to sources, the missing Myanmar military plane is a Chinese built Shaanxi Y-8.
- UPDATE 1115 UTC The plane was carrying 106 military personnel & family members plus 14 cabin crew.
- UPDATE 1110 UTC The plane was flying from southern city of Myeik and Yangon.
“Communication was lost suddenly at about 1:35 pm [07:05 GMT] when it reached about 20 miles west of Dawei town,” the commander-in-chief’s office said in a statement, adding search and rescue was ongoing.
The Shaanxi Y-8 or Yunshuji-8 aircraft is a medium size medium range transport aircraft produced by Shaanxi Aircraft Corporation in China, based on the Soviet Antonov An-12.