Ukrainian International Airlines has planned to resume flights from Kyiv Boryspil International Airport to New York JFK Airport. New York is the only US destination served by the airline.
What makes it different from other long-haul flights is that the airline will be using a Boeing 737-900ER aircraft for the route. The airline also said that the flight would be operated twice weekly from December this year.
Being a long-haul flight and a narrow-body aircraft for its operation, the flight will refuel in Iceland in both directions. Passengers will be spending somewhere between 12 to 13 hours inside the aircraft.
The schedule for this twice-weekly service is:
- PS231. Kyiv to Keflavik, departing at 10:00 and arriving at 13:15
- PS231. Keflavik to New York after refueling, departing at 14:15 and arriving at 15:35
- Similarly, for the return flight, the schedule is:
- PS232. New York to Keflavik, departing at 22:10 and arriving 8:40 the next day
- PS232. Keflavik to Kyiv, departing at 9:40 and finally arriving at 16:30.
This service will be resumed from 9th December later this year and take place on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Feature Image: “Ukraine International Airlines”